We are committed to protecting your privacy. As a result, our team has put into place a number of privacy policies that are intended to guard against hacking, identity theft, and other online crimes. This statement outlines our practices for gathering and disseminating information on our applications and website and explains the terms and conditions of your use. Please review our policy and contact us with any questions.
Our Privacy & Security Governance Policies
All user data is protected using advanced technology.
We will never sell any of your information to other companies. We do not share information with other companies for the purpose of marketing.
We provide the ability to opt-in or opt-out of data-sharing modules or technologies.
Anonymous data may be shared with third parties but will not be linked back to any individual or group user.
Cookies are used in the gathering and storage of user data in order to deliver a more effective user experience.
User data is protected under international, federal, state, and local laws.
Collection Of Personal Information
When you utilize one of our products, your personally identifying information is collected through a registration form. Your decision to provide such information is voluntary. We collect this information in order to best respond to you and any issues you may encounter. If you choose not to share this information with us, it may not be possible for us to respond to your request.
You can sign into your account to see any personally identifiable information we have stored such as your name, email address, or phone number. You can also contact us by email to request to see this information.
Each of our products or applications collects different information, as outlined below:
Math Nation/Algebra Nation: Algebra Nation is a dynamic online and printed workbook resource that helps students master Algebra 1 or serves as on on-ramp tool to Algebra. Students can get personalized, real-time feedback from teachers, tutors, and peers on the Algebra Wall, which empowers them to learn collaboratively inside and outside of school. Math Nation provides the same services but to a broader math audience, including Geometry and Algebra 2. For middle school or high school students whose district or school is using the free Clever service (in use by more than 60% of schools in the country) we collect students’ full name, high school name, and teacher name — and that’s it. If the district or school is using Clever, we only have access to the data which is shared with us by the district or school. So the data shared is 100% up to the district or school, and varies. All of this information is stored in secure servers in a manner that is fully compliant with the The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). For high school students who sign up on their own, independently of their school, we collect their full name and their email address.
Tutor Matching Service: Tutor Matching Service is a one-to-one tutor marketplace with university-certified tutors. When you login to the Tutor Matching Service Application (the “Application”) with Facebook, you allow Facebook to share certain personal information with Tutor Matching Service. When you register to book a tutor through the Tutor Matching Service Application, our registration form collects information such as your name, email address, telephone number, and information on the subjects for which you are requesting a tutor. Your personal information is used by us for billing purposes, assessments of and provision of services to users; communication with you; and internal auditing. We also may use the information that we collect to confirm that you are authorized to use the Application and to fulfill a requested transaction, including the processing of payments.
Tutor Matching Service relies on feedback from users regarding the tutoring services provided, and as such, requires feedback from you after a completed tutoring session. Tutor Matching Service reserves the right to replicate your written comments about the service sent to our representatives via our website or the Tutor Matching Service Application in promotional materials and/or in business development materials, along with your first name and institution. Your email address and any personal information besides your name and institution will not be used at any time without your agreement. If you would like to make your comments anonymous, you may designate them as such in the Application.
GoBoard: GoBoard is a free online tutoring tool that combines video conferencing with an interactive canvas. When you enter a specified institution’s room on GoBoard, you are providing the following information to the institution and GoBoard: name of the tutor and tutee, time of session, duration of session. Institutions record each session and create a PDF of each session.
Tutor Essentials: Tutor Essentials is Purdue University’s online tutor training course which administered by study edge’s tutor matching service division to tutors across the world. When you login to Tutor Essentials (the “Application”) with Facebook, you allow Facebook to share certain personal information with Tutor Matching Service. Your personal information is used by us for billing purposes, assessments of and provision of services to users; communication with you; and internal auditing. We also may use the information that we collect to confirm that you are authorized to use the Application and to fulfill a requested transaction, including the processing of payments.
Study Edge: Study Edge provides video content, practice problems, quizzes, and PDF study guides for college courses, all delivered through web and mobile apps. We collect personally identifiable information that you provide to us, such as your name, address, phone number, or email address. If authorized by you, we may also access profile and other information from services like Facebook or Google. We do not use or collect your precise geographic location.
We NEVER send marketing emails, phone calls, or messages of any sort to students who have access via their high school. We only contact these students if they initiate communication by calling or emailing our Help Desk. Teachers and administrators may receive emails regarding our products; however, they are welcome to unsubscribe at any time.
For students who sign up independently, we will send periodic updates about our offerings. If you wish to stop receiving them you can cancel them in the app, or by contacting email@example.com saying you wish to unsubscribe.
Youth Privacy Protection
Students under the age of 13 may not use one of our products without express permission from their parent or guardian. If you have a student under the age of 13 who wishes to use one of our products please contact our Chief Privacy and Information Security Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org). We are 100% compliant with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). If you believe someone under the age of 13 is using our site, please let us know promptly so we can obtain parental consent.
We take every precaution to protect your information. When you submit information via one of our applications, your information is protected both online and offline. Online, we use encryption, Facebook login, and smart server architecture to protect information. Data collected from users is stored using the latest in security technology, including TLS/SSL protocols, 256-bit AES encryption, API call-level authentication, third-party penetration testing and code review, and district- and application-specific OAuth 2.0 API Bearer Tokens with over 200 bits of entropy.
While we strive to protect your privacy and secure your information, we cannot guarantee the security of information sent via your personal Internet connection, and you disclose such information at your own risk. Only ours employees with a specific need to access your information in order to perform their job duties are provided such access to the data you provide, and they must have secure administrative rights in order to do so. The servers on which personally identifiable information is stored are kept in a restricted, secure environment, and are professionally maintained.
Third-party Software and Services
We do not share any information with third party software or services unless we have your express consent or we are required by law to do so. In some cases we may use integrated Single Sign-On (SSO) such as Clever.com, however, personal information about students does not get shared with the SSO, nor do we receive personal information from the SSO.
For integrated schools, we receive data directly from districts that are authorized to share the appropriate data so that students and teachers may access our products and use them to full effect.
For non-integrated schools, we generate a class code for the teacher and their students to access the platform.
We will never sell any of your information to other companies. We do not share information with other companies for the purpose of marketing.
Our applications or users of our applications may contain or share links to other websites or materials posted online. We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of those websites or any interactions you may experience while visiting said websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site, and to read the policies of any site that they may visit. Our privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our applications.
Changes to Our Policy
Who Can I Contact if I Have More Questions?
These terms and conditions apply for Study Edge, LLC (“Study Edge“), a Florida limited liability company and Math Nation, LLC (“Math Nation”), a Florida limited liability company, both located at 1717 NW 1st Avenue, Gainesville, Florida and collectively referred to as “SE/MN”, and those who enter into agreement with SE/MN (the “School”). (In this Agreement, each of Study Edge, Math Nation and the School is a “Party”, and collectively, they are the “Parties.”) WHEREAS, SE/MN is in the business of providing an online platform to assist individuals in preparing for Algebra as well as various other mathematics related curriculum including, but not limited to, the curriculum, services, programs, and applications provided under SE/MN’s Math Nation and Math Nation services (“SE/MN’s Services”); and WHEREAS, the School desires to have SE/MN’s Services available for the School’s students, teachers and other persons affiliated with the School (each of the School’s students who is then enrolled with the School is a “Student”, and collectively, they are the “Students”, and each teacher and other persons affiliated with the School who use SE/MN’s Services is a “Teacher”, and collectively, they are the “Teachers”); NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual covenants contained herein the Parties agree as follows:
- SE/MN agrees to make SE/MN’s Services available to the School.
- SE/MN will integrate the School into SE/MN’s Services through the use of Clever.com (“Clever”). SE/MN shall provide the School with access to Clever.com. The School shall then submit all necessary data and information to SE/MN via Clever. In addition, SE/MN will provide technical support, as well as Clever technical support, to assist in said integration. The School shall be solely responsible for ensuring that Student files and School files are entered into the Clever system, updated in an appropriate and timely fashion, and maintained so as to facilitate continued integration of SE/MN’s Services.
- SE/MN agrees to provide access to SE/MN’s Services to Students who are officially and currently enrolled at the School, subject to reasonable limitations on streaming. Such streaming limitations shall be determined at SE/MN’s sole discretion.
- Provision of access to SE/MN resources is contingent upon SE/MN receiving adequate funding each year for the continuation of this program. In the event SE/MN fails to secure or receive adequate funding for the continuation of the no-cost provision of SE/MN Services to the School, SE/MN may, in SE/MN’s sole discretion and upon sixty (60) days written notice to the School of such failure to receive funds.
2. Term and Renewal
- The Term of this Agreement shall continue unless the Agreement is terminated by one or both Parties or the Parties otherwise agree in writing. If a Party desires to terminate this Agreement, the terminating Party shall provide the other Party written notice of such intent not less than 60 days prior to the scheduled termination; provided however, that SE/MN shall have the rights, in its sole discretion, to modify the terms of this Agreement for such additional term, by posting on MathNation.com/Agreement.
3. Customer Service
During the term of this Agreement, SE/MN will provide customer service to all Students and Teachers through email at email@example.com and/or by toll-free phone number at (888) 608-MATH.
4. Intellectual Property
The Parties agree that any and all intellectual property, confidential information, formulae, devices, patterns, know-how, technology, computer programs, computer software, computer code, computer applications, web applications, websites, documentation, processes, lists, compilations, literature, inventions, methodologies, parts, equipment, techniques and other work product (including, without limitation, improvements thereon) used by SE/MN in the provision of the SE/MN Services are and shall remain the exclusive property of SE/MN. Moreover, nothing in this contract may or shall be construed as a sale, assignment, or license of any intellectual property rights held by SE/MN to the School.
- SE/MN’s Services are provided on an “AS IS” basis. SE/MN makes no representation that the services and technology provided will be uninterrupted or error-free. SE/MN and its agents, employees, and licensors cannot and do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the information available through the application.
- Except as specifically set forth in this Agreement, all warranties express, or implied are expressly declined and disclaimed. SE/MN also disclaims any implied warranties, promises and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and/or non-infringement, whether as to any content or services rendered by SE/MN and the technology deployed in connection therewith.
- SE/MN may monitor, but has no duty or obligation to become involved in, any interactions between SE/MN and any Student or Teacher. SE/MN is not responsible for any disputes, claims, loss, injury, or damage of any kind that might arise before, during, and/or after the interaction between SE/MN and any Student or Teacher and will not retain responsibility for or be required to be involved in any.
6. Copyright and Limitations on Use
. The Parties acknowledge that some or all of the information and instruction available is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property laws. The School agrees that neither the School nor any Student shall reproduce, re-transmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any information received through SE/MN’s Services to anyone, including but not limited to other persons in the same group or association as the Student, without the expressed prior written consent of SE/MN, or the applicable copyright holder.
7. Limitations of Liability
- The Parties agree that neither the School nor any Student or Teacher shall hold SE/MN or its employees, contractors, agents, officers, directors, shareholders, successors, assigns, partners, and attorneys, liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from:(i) the use of or inability to use the SE/MN’s Services or SE/MN’s applications;(ii) changes to the application platform, future changes to specific features of applications, or downtime associated with the application platform, or hardware failures of SE/MN or of any particular user; or(iii) mistakes, omissions, interruptions, deletion or loss of files or data, errors, defects, delays in operation, or of performance, communication failures, including failures to receive notification messages, destruction or unauthorized access to SE/MN’s or Clever’s records, programs or applications electronic or mechanical failures, communication line failures, third party internet service provider interruption, unauthorized breaches, thefts, or destruction of SE/MN’s records, programs, or applications, regardless of whether such failure was caused by intentional or negligent acts or omissions of SE/MN or a third party. SE/MN had a strict privacy and security governance policy (accessible at MathNation.com/privacy)
- In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction holds that SE/MN and its employees, contractors, agents, officers, directors, shareholders, successors, assigns, partners, and attorneys may not disclaim liability for damages caused as a direct result of the actions or negligence of SE/MN and/or its employees, contractors, agents, officers, directors, shareholders, successors, assigns, partners, and attorneys, then SE/MN shall not be liable to the School, any Student or Teacher, or anyone else for any damages other than direct damages (and shall not be liable for any consequential, special, incidental, indirect, or similar damages) even if advised of the possibility of such damages. In all events, the School agrees that the liability of SE/MN and its employees, contractors, agents, officers, directors, shareholders, successors, assigns, partners, and attorneys, arising out of any kind of legal claim (whether in contract, tort, or otherwise) in any way connected with SE/MN or SE/MN’s Services, the information and instruction available in SE/MN’s applications, (i) to the School shall not exceed the amount the School paid to SE/MN, if any, and (ii) to any Student shall not exceed the amount paid by the Student for SE/MN’s Services, if any.
. To the extent permitted by applicable law, each Party agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the other Party and their employees, contractors, agents, officers, directors, shareholders, successors, assigns, partners, and attorneys from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses, including attorney’s fees and costs, incurred by the other Party incurred in connection with or arising from any breach of this Agreement by the breaching party of any warranty contained in this agreement; or arising from actual or alleged negligent use, directly or indirectly, by the other party or any of its constituent individuals, in violation of any applicable civil, criminal, or administrative laws or regulations.
The School further agrees to indemnify and hold harmless SE/MN from and against any and all claims, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses, including but not limited to SE/MN’s attorneys’ fees, arising directly or indirectly out of the actual or alleged use of any part of SE/MN’s Services or applications, by the School, the Teachers, or the Students, in violation of any applicable civil, criminal, or administrative laws or regulations, including but not limited to, violations of copyrights, or any criminal activity. Nothing herein shall be deemed to constitute a waiver by either Party of any privilege, protection, or immunity otherwise afforded it under any state or federal law.
9. Warranties by the School
. The School represents that, to the best of its knowledge, it is the sole owner of all right, title, and interest in the School’s trademark and stylized logo(s) (“the Marks”) and that SE/MN’s use of the Marks, and trade names, trademarks, service marks, or other intellectual property of the School, in the manner contemplated pursuant to this Agreement, shall not infringe or cause the breach of any rights held or claimed by any third party under any contract, copyright, trademark or other property right of any third party.
In addition, the School hereby grants to SE/MN a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to make limited use of the Marks solely in connection with the services to be provided by SE/MN to the School contemplated in this Agreement
Neither party may assign this Agreement without the consent of the other party, except that either party may, without the consent of the other, assign the Agreement to a controlled subsidiary of that party, a parent or affiliated company of that party, or an acquirer of all or substantially all of that party’s assets, provided the assigning party guarantees the performance of and causes the assignee to assume in writing all obligations of the assignor under this Agreement. The rights and obligations of this Agreement shall bind and benefit any successors or assigns of the parties.
11. Governing Law
This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of Florida. Any dispute between the Parties concerning this Agreement shall be resolved by arbitration in Gainesville, Florida, under the rules of the American Arbitration Association.
If any provision or provisions of this Agreement shall be held to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not in any way be affected or impaired thereby.
13. Relationship of the Parties
The parties each acknowledge and agree that in fulfilling the mutual obligations required pursuant to this Agreement, SE/MN is acting and will act as an independent contractor and not as an employee of the School. Except for the authority to engage in activities described in this Agreement, SE/MN acknowledges and agrees that it is not an agent for the School, and it will not have nor will it represent or hold itself out as having authority to bind the School or to incur any obligations whatsoever on behalf of the School. Neither party hereto shall be liable to any third party in any way for any engagement, obligations, commitment, contract, or transaction for any act nor omission to act of the other except as provided herein.
14. Entire Agreement
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement and understanding of the Parties, and supersedes all previous agreements and understandings concerning the subject matter hereof.
All notices provided for hereunder shall be deemed sufficient if in writing via MathNation.com/privacy