Study Edge is an education technology company that is committed to supporting students in historically difficult courses. Using short concept videos, study guides, and practice problems, we help students become more prepared for more than 30 courses with our web, iOS, and Android apps.
Because of the Study Edge and Phi Mu partnership, all Phi Mu collegiate members receive a FREE Study Edge membership. The Phi Mu code is available on the Phi Mu Leadership Center under Academic Excellence and was shared with chapter officers at the 2019 Phi Mu Officer Academy.
About Study Edge
A Proven Tool for Student Success
- Study Edge breaks down complex topics into simple videos and study guides so students can be more prepared for exams with less stress.
- Study Edge is a great supplement to both college and high school courses. The videos explain each topic in an engaging and understandable way.
- With video content, study guides, practice problems and more all on the Study Edge web and mobile apps, students feel like they have access to a virtual tutor anytime, anywhere!
Who is Study Edge?
- Over 500,00 students use Study Edge’s nationally recognized materials and apps.
- Study Edge’s Study Experts come from top universities, including Harvard, Yale, CalTech, Vassar, and more.
- Study Edge has contributed to the development of high school curricula for multiple state governments, including Florida, Michigan, Mississippi, South Carolina, and Texas.
- Study Edge’s resources are currently in use at more than 150 universities and more than 1,000 middle/high schools.
- Study Edge has received national recognition for its educational strategies, including being awarded the inaugural $50,000 Cade Prize for Innovation.
- Multiple reports have concluded that Study Edge’s resources are effective for all students, including Title I students specifically.
- Study Edge has been awarded 3 education technology patents, in addition to 10+ patents pending.
- Study Edge is currently working on federal, state, and grant-funded projects totaling over $20 million.
Multiple peer-reviewed studies have found that Study Edge’s videos are more engaging and effective than Khan Academy-type videos (Wang, Anonenko, 2017).
Ready to Get Started?
Start Using Study Edge
- Go to studyedge.com/app or download the Study Edge app on your mobile device.
- Select “I attend a different college/university.” Enter your school and select your subject area from the drop-down menu.
- Change your subject, watch short concept videos, download accompanying study guides, and complete practice problems with video explanations. The first video in each section is free.
- When asked to purchase full access, if you have a coupon code, there is no credit card required! Visit studyedge.com/app using your desktop or laptop computer and enter the coupon code for free access. If you do not have a coupon code, contact us about setting your Greek organization set up with one.
- Visit the Setup Section below for resources to help launch Study Edge for your chapter/council/Greek community. You will find draft email text, social media posts, and additional resources to help with your launch plan.
Get your Chapter/Council/Greek Life/(Inter)National Headquarters set up today!
Call us at 1-888-97-STUDY or email us at Greek@StudyEdge.com to talk to a member of the team.
The video below is an example of a concept video where math Study Experts are explaining functions
- Concept Videos – Simple videos (accessed via the web or mobile app) that take complex topics and break them down in a way that is relatable, engaging and easily understandable. The video below is an example of a concept video where math Study Experts are explaining functions.
- Printable Study Guides – Uniquely crafted, easy to understand study guides that correspond to each video, so students can follow along and take guided notes!
- “Check Your Understanding!” Practice Tool – This tool provides practice questions at the end of each topic. And it has associated videos for every question you miss, to ensure every student is ready for their quiz and exams!
- Flashcards – Allows students to choose cards from each section with vocab words and concepts that are created and approved by Study Experts. Students also have the ability to create their own flashcards for their class, chapter, or new members. (Coming soon)
- “Edge Up” Group Studying – Group studying at its best! One individual is the person in the hot seat guessing a word while the others are providing clues to help. This game is very similar to the “Heads Up” game made popular by Ellen Degeneres, where you put your cell phone on your forehead. (Coming soon)
- Suggested Scholarship/Academic Plans – Study Edge has collected the best chapter scholarship plans from across the country and is now making them available for all chapters in the form of short videos and supplemental resources. Our goal is to provide tools for council officers and/or chapter Scholarship Chairs to create a well-tailored scholarship program for the council, for the chapter, and for individuals who need personal assistance (Available for Study Edge Pro).
- Chapter Officer Reports – On-demand reports to track member usage, create study groups by course, and fully integrate Study Edge into a council’s or chapter’s study habits and programs. (Coming soon)
- Tutor Matching Service – TMS helps students find, schedule and book quality 1:1 tutors across a broad range of academic subjects. Tutor Matching Service is the only official private tutoring website of colleges and universities. Tutors signup and get certified by their university and other students book them with Tutor Matching Service collecting a 10% service fee for facilitating the transaction.
Benefits of Using Study Edge
When a Greek chapter and/or council uses Study Edge they will…
- Be able to share with Potential New Members and their parents that the chapter/council is committed to academic excellence.
- Be a leader on campus and in the Greek community by providing the best academic excellence resources to members.
- Increase the chapter/council overall GPA because individual member GPAs will increase.
- Provide academic excellence resources to members on academic probation as a way to assist members that are in need of academic support.
- Be able to see which members are in which classes and use this information to plan academic excellence programs and coordinate study groups.
When an (Inter)national Headquarters uses Study Edge, they will…
- Be a leader in the Greek Community by providing their collegiate members with the best available academic excellence tools.
- Provide purposeful and helpful academic excellence tools to collegiate members. Access data on the courses that members are taking which can be used to tailor additional collegiate programs.
- Be able to connect collegiate members with alumni members using known data for collegiate members to learn more about their career path.
Kelly Wooldridge, Phi Mu Social Chair
Study Edge has helped me through some of the hardest classes I’ve taken and without their help I don’t think I would have done nearly as well in those classes. They make hard topics easy to understand and in a way that college students can relate to. Study Edge is a must for students who want to study smarter!
Nicole Bryson, Phi Mu Member
I took my first Chemistry exam without using Study Edge and did poorly. After talking to some of my sisters in the class that had aced the exam using Study Edge, I decided to try it out. Study Edge helped me get As on my next two exams, resulting in an A in the class!
Now that your organization is setup with Study Edge, it’s time to announce it to the members. The files below are drafts that you are encouraged to edit to work best for your launch plan and members.
Chapter Setup Files
- Download this file to create a launch plan.
- Draft PowerPoint to use at a chapter meeting – This PowerPoint is designed for chapter officers to use as they present Study Edge to the chapter. Each slide contains talking points to reference in the notes section.
- Draft email text to share with chapter members about Study Edge.
- Social media posts to share – This is just a starting point, feel free to customize these to use for your chapter.
- Study Edge website text – academic excellence text to include on your chapter website.
- Share this video at an upcoming chapter meeting.
Council/Greek Community Setup Files
- Download this file to create a launch plan.
- Draft PowerPoint to use at a council/Greek community meeting – This PowerPoint is designed for council officers to use as they present Study Edge to chapter officers or other council officers. Each slide contains talking points to reference in the notes section.
- Draft email text to share with council officers about the Study Edge partnership.
- Draft email text to share with chapter officers about the Study Edge partnership.
- Social media posts to share – This is just a starting point, feel free to customize these to use for your council or Greek community.
- Study Edge website text – academic excellence text to include on your council/Greek community website.